MCI Rules and Regulations
MBBS in Russia | MCI Screening Test| Foreign Medical Graduate Examination, FMGE | Study MBBS in Russia
Medical Council of India, MCI Screening Test, also known as Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. The FMGE Screening test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per regulations, ” An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.
What is FMGE (MCI Screening Test) Exam ?
The screening test was introduced in 2002 as a qualifying examination for Indian students obtaining their medical degrees from countries other than India, such as countries belonging to the former Soviet Union USSR, Eastern European countries, China, Nepal, Philippines, and Caribbean countries. Indian doctors holding basic medical degrees from any country have to take the MCI screening test. The Medical School should have been listed in the WHO international directory of Medical Schools.
SCHEME OF FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Test)
1. The test consists of one paper, comprising 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only, delivered in two parts to be taken in a single day.
2. The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per prescribed scheme.
3. Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
4. The screening test is held twice a year in June and December, the exact dates for the Screening Test will be announced on the website before the respective registration window.
5. An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 (50%) in the examination.
6. Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed on NBE website and at NBE office.
7. There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
To Download detailed pdf click here
MCI/FMGE Passing Percentage.
There is a large misconception in a lot of peoples minds about MCI/FMGE screening test. There are some false Numbers circulating on the Internet that shows that the passing percentage of students studying Abroad is very low. Although it is true that the passing percentage is low but comparing to the no. students sitting in the NEET exam every year and not able to Secure a seat, those numbers are dwarfed significantly. Moreover the Indian Government does not keep any kind of record of the students studying medicine abroad country wise. Which makes it impossible to come up with any accurate figure. The numbers that are seen on the internet are churned out by various consultancy agents and agencies just to serve their purpose of luring students into getting admission in universities of their desire. Although if you visit any hospital today you can always find doctors who had graduated from various Medical Universities in Russia, which does prove in itself that Students from Russian Medical Universities do pass the exam and work as Doctors in various medical Initutions.